Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It was a Very Good Year

2007. It was a fantastic year.
Here are some of the highlights:
  • Gabey Baby was born and adopted into our family
  • The Gabe's Mom blog began
  • Greg & I went on a cruise (while on the cruise we found out we'd be parents!)
  • Greg got a promotion
  • Gabe's Mom has developed a passion for photography
  • Gabe's first friend Caleb was born
  • The Lord answered many prayers for us - healthy family, friends, food on the table, a roof over our heads, and far too many more to list
  • We had a wonderful year with our families and friends
  • We had 3 great visits with Gabe's birth mom
  • We bought a new home

I could go on and on about the wonderful things that happened this year. I can only pray that 2008 is just as wonderful and that our lives are just as blessed. Greg and I were talking today and we said we just couldn't believe how great things were going for us here lately. We have a lovely home, a healthy, happy child, and wonderful friends and family. I know I go on and on about our blessings, but I really feel we need to celebrate them everyday. We need to cherish them every moment.

Before becoming parents, Greg and I went through many times of pain and suffering. We endured seeing the result of a house fire at our family's farm, we waited with worry throughout my brother and sister's healing after the accident, we experienced the loss of family members and friends, we went through years of infertility; we've had a long, painful road. But finally, we feel like we're enjoying life. We're experiencing huge blessings. I know, through all of that pain there were daily blessings too. None of them outweighed the pain though. Now, we are a family. We are whole and complete. We really feel joy. Joy. What a wonderful feeling. So, I guess that's why I'm not afraid to remind myself (and others!) of it every day. I know bad times will come again some day, but right now, I'm enjoying joy.

Here are some joyFULL moments from New Years:


Gabe and his friend, Caleb - trying to wear the hats from Tami

Gabe "helping" Caleb take his hat off

I'm finally able to use my collection of Winterberry dishes... we had a wonderful New Year's Eve with friends, food, & games.

Happy New Year with the Harlands

Happy New Year from Gabe's Mom! We hope this year brings you many blessings!

2 comments:

Gridstooge said...

As I told Greg, nice New Years pic. I get it, let the "freak family" go home then "Hey everyone, group photo!"

I am praying to Thor himself that this photo is destroyed.

Bri said...

Hey, Steven! YOU left early... party pooper!