Thursday, October 4, 2007

Busy Momma

Wow. I haven't been a very good blogger this week! I have good reason... Greg's been gone since Tuesday morning on a business trip, so it's just been me & this handsome little man all week:


Ok, when I say I mean all week, I guess I'm really talking about 3 days. It's been tough though... I don't know how single parents do it. Gabe has been excellent. He has started waving bye bye! And look at him in these little man jammies... too cute. He looks so grown up. I just can't believe that in 10 days, my little boy is going to be 9 months old. Time has just gone by so quickly.
We had Gabe's party last Saturday and it was just wonderful. At one point in the evening we had around 75 people at the farm. I thought we were going to run out of food! What a good problem to have though... it reminded me just how blessed we are to have so many people that love and support us. Ok, at the time I was freaking out, but looking back on the evening I know that everyone got enough to eat and I think everyone had fun. Gabe zonked out at about 10:00 and Mommy & Daddy stayed up with our friends until around 2:30 a.m. We had such a great time telling stories and laughing. Here are a couple of pics:







The fall themed decorations were an idea of my co-workers. I am so glad we did that! The faux mums on the table were $3.50 at Joann Fabrics! What a bargain!!


I also set up a photo of us as a family with a mat for guests to sign. We ran out of room on the mat! Another reminder to me of how blessed we are. Just thinking of this evening makes me tear up. I finally have my family. My wonderful, perfect family of 3 (4 counting Jinx).
In the words of Glinda...
I couldn't be happier.

And Honey, if you're reading this, Gabey & I have some lemon poppyseed muffins & hugs waiting for you here at home. We miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

0 comments: