Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...

Ok, I'm a dork. I just realized something... This is our first year as Santa Claus! What a weird thing. I mean, I'm used to MY parents being Santa. What do we need to do? Get up at 1:00 am? Stay up until 11:00? Do we eat all of the cookies and drink all of the milk? Do we disguise our handwriting on the note back from Santa? Oh My! I guess we'll figure it out like all those parents from the past who have tricked their kids! At least we kinda have a practice year to get it figured out! Gabe's so little, he won't remember if we don't get it exactly right the first time...

I can't believe we're Santa. I know one thing... Mrs. Claus gets the cookies!!

Another moment brought to you by Gabe's Mom... One of "those" special moments you just can't wait for when waiting to have a child. To all of you moms out there who are waiting for a child this Christmas, believe me, it's worth every moment and when your dreams finally come true, you'll say that you'd wait all over again. I spent many Christmases waiting for a child. Believe me, you will have your Christmas miracle some day. This year, I've got mine.

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

The one thing I didn't realize and was only informed of a week before our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. Claus - separate wrapping paper! We had rolls and rolls of paper but my SIL was the one to point out that kids may make the connection between paper they've seen around the house and that which their presents are wrapped in. So it's plain red for Shortcake and gold for Punkin from Santa.

Enjoy your holidays (and the cookies!) as Santa!

Bri said...

Ohhh! I'm so glad you gave us the advice about the paper! We wouldn't have thought of that! The presents are wrapped for this year, but I guess it's a good thing we've got a "practice year!"

Thanks!! Merry Christmas to you!

elindenbaum said...

I've been meaning to ask you what kind of photoshop program you use for your pictures.

Bri said...

I just use photoshop! I don't know what version it is or anthing. Thanks for viewing my blog, Lizzy!!

elindenbaum said...

Well, regardless of what photoshop, you have really good skills! By the way, I saw the picture of Gabe and Caleb Harland today... very cute. I hadn't realized how big Caleb has gotten, but then I haven't seen him for a couple months. It's amazing how quickly babies grow.