Sunday, January 20, 2008

Juno


Gabe's Mom went (along with Gabe's Dad, Aunt Ne, Aunt Keeker & Matt, & Uncle Dan) to see Juno. It was excellent! SO many favorite lines:

"That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet"

Or

"This is your third test today, Mama Bear. Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it."

Or

"And Blair Witch Project was about to come on Starz, and you were like, "I haven't seen this in forever" and you wanted to watch it, but then you were like "Oh no, we should just make out instead. La la la."

I found myself able to relate to a lot of the things the adoptive parents did to prepare... I remember straightening the flowers/magazines before Gabe's birth family came over to visit (although this was after Gabe's birth). I also remember asking the adoption case worker, "Are you sure she still wants to go through with this? How sure is she? ..." I could see myself in the adoptive mom for sure. I also thought there was some things that weren't portrayed accurately, but it's a movie. I did say on the way home in the car last night that I bet the adoption blogs will be going on and on about this movie (just like I'm doing now!)

Yes, Gabe's mom did cry. There was one part I about couldn't take, but I won't spoil the movie for you! Go see it. It's fantastic.
I'll post some pics soon of Gabe's birthday... We had a photographer come over to catch some candids... As soon as they're ready, this is where they'll be. We had a great time at his party. I'll include more details later!

Here's a new pic of the 1 year old:




3 comments:

Grant said...

I saw this movie because Greg told me how much you all enjoyed it. I have to agree that this is one of the best movies that I have seen in a long time. Good luck on finding the soundtrack, I know Greggy looked EVERYWHERE. I also got it on iTunes last night because I enjoyed it so much.

Why didn't you tell me that the mom in the movie threatened Juno that she was going to get two weimaraners when she left the house...and then she got them! I would go see a movie just because of this. Not gonna lie, that's the only reason I watched Best in Show. Even though it is one of Greggy's all time favs, I rank it closer to Home Fries.

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.