Monday, February 25, 2008

The Things about Gabe's Folks...


  • We have tattoos. Yes, just one each, and do we regret it? No way.
  • We have been together since high school
  • We share a love of Rat Pack music
  • We love museums
  • We love Family Guy, South Park, House, American Idol, and Growing Pains (you know you love it too)
  • I (Gabe's Mom) always say "Be Careful!" to which Gabe's Dad must respond "I will be!"
  • Gabe's Dad hates when I say "anyways"
  • We both love music from Cake - we fell in love while "The Distance" & "I Will Survive" were popular... oh, and they have a song called "Frank Sinatra"!
  • We share the same friends
  • We play 20 questions before going to sleep
  • We laugh every day
  • We are raising a handsome, wonderful, strong-willed, intelligent little boy
  • We can't give up pop
  • We can't diet together
  • We can sit and cuddle at concerts
  • We can share a bathroom without fighting
  • We both like popcorn fixed on the stove
  • We both love sugar in our spaghetti sauce

Sometimes, it feels good to list the things you and your soulmate share. I could probably list a lot more. It's a nice reminder that we are who we are. We are US. We are Gabe's parents. We are happy. I miss you, Gabe's Dad.

xoxo.

6 comments:

whit_knee said...

you guys got TATTOOS!?!?!?! of what? that's so cool. i've been thinking about getting one, but: a) i don't know what kind, 2) i've heard it's kind of painful, and d) at the moment i'm too cheap to buy one. we'll see :o) also, thanks gabe's mom for sharing all those fun things that you and gabe's dad have in common and love about each other, they were so much fun to read! those are the types of things that i want to share with my husband someday too!...ESPECIALLY the laughing and movie quoting.(p.s. i realize that the a,2 and d that i put up there are obviously not in proper sequential order...i used them in hopes of giving a shout-out to a particularly popular holiday movie from the late '80s. can you guess which movie it's from?!?! love you both! (and gabey too!)
--whitney

Gridstooge said...

I think I know the answer, can I Buzz in?

Bri said...

Yeah, I know... we're freakin' rebels! ;o) Well, some suggestions as far as a "tatt" goes (you can call it a "tatt" once you have one)

a) pick something that means a lot to you - so when you look at it, you're always reminded of that person, place, or thing (hello language arts class!)

2) UH, YEAH... its very painful! I nearly didn't make it through it. But, it was THE biggest adrenaline rush! I'm so glad I stuck it out. I was so proud of myself afterwards!!

d) Yeah, it was expensive. But, would I do it again?? In a heartbeat. In fact, I'd like to have another one... (something small... delicate...You pick it, I stick it... Name that Pauly Shore movie...)

I'm glad you liked the post. I needed a reminder myself of all the special things we share. Sometimes in the day to day, you take for granted the things that brought you together in the first place. Where you feel like home. Where somebody loves you for exactly who you are and they wouldn't change you. You don't forget exactly, but sometimes you need to be reminded of how special what you have is. It's my prayer that you find someone as wonderful as Greg.

Ooooh, as far as the movie goes, I was thinking Harold & Kumar... but hmmm... I'm a little stumped!!

We love you too... you are such a sweetie! Oh, and we got your card today - great job! Tear, my little scrapper...sniff sniff... I'm so proud... sniff sniff.

PS: This is like the longest freakin comment ever!

And yes, Steve - by all means! I'm stumped!

Gridstooge said...

You need to get our more. You spend way to much home alone.

whit_knee said...

great job dad! yeah, i was trying to quote from home alone. this is where kevin's sister asks buzz why he isn't worried about kevin being home all alone, to which he intelligently replies: a) I'm not that lucky, 2) we have smoke detectors, and d) we live on the most boring street in america where nothing bad will ever happen, period. haha, i know i need to get out more, but that quote gets me every time. oh and btw, gabe's mom: your tatt is pretty sweet!

Bri said...

OHHHH! Home Alone! I'm such a dork! My husband would freak if he found out I didn't know that one!

Um... Hmmm... let's see... Famous quote from that movie...

"Merry Christmas, (c'mon...say it with me - you all know the words)
Ya Filthy Animal"!!