Sunday, March 2, 2008

Once Upon a Time...

There was a boy and girl in love. That girl is my sister, Aunt Ne and that boy is her now fiance, Rene.

This weekend, we had the privilege of being a part of a very special moment in my sister's life. She got engaged! In September, at Gabe's adoption finalization party, Rene told me that he wanted to marry her. I knew from the way he talked about her and his love for her that he was completely serious. He told me that night of his plan: he wanted to take her to dinner at the Signature Room in the John Hancock Building, have our family and his family looking on, and he would have them taken away in a horse drawn carriage. I just remember thinking "Wow. He really loves her. He really wants this night to be like something out of a fairytale". And it definitely was. She was so surprised to see all of us there. I think it speaks volumes about the kind of man Rene is that he wanted our families there. It shows me & my family that he realizes how important family is. That he knows our family is very close and that we wouldn't want to miss a special moment like this in Jenny's life.


His plans went off without a hitch. It was a beautiful night. The view from the restaurant was amazing. Jenny said she saw a bunch of flashes and then my face and didn't really know what was going on. It was so wonderful to see her so happy. Congratulations Aunt Ne & Uncle Rene... Gabe is so happy to have a new uncle!

The View

The Happy Couple


Our Family

The end.

1 comments:

Grant said...

Congratulations Rene and Jenny!