Monday, April 28, 2008

POST 100!!! - Raising Evil Knievel

First of all, Yippee!! Happy Birthday to Gabe's Mom (the Blog)! This is post #100!!

Secondly, I am raising Evil Knievel! This little man is not afraid of anything. In this picture, the 2 red circles are the injuries sustained this last weekend. The one on the left is from running in front of me and knocking into our desk in the kitchen. The one on the right is from jumping on the bed and falling off. I was right there... both times. I am not an irresponsible parent, I am just never sure what the heck this little guy is going to do. I may think he is going to do one thing, and then he goes and does another. My friend Tami told me that her son Nick always had bumps, bruises, etc... on his head. I always worry that people think I'm either an abusive mom or a negligent mom. Truth is, I'm very responsible, I'm very cautious, and I'm very attentive. However, I'm raising Mr. Knievel (there's no evil to him!) and he is afraid of nothing. I've heard boys will be boys. To any of the Gabe's Mom readers, were any of your kids this way? Were you constantly worrying about what people think? I hope he outgrows this dare devil phase. My rough and tough little man.

Tonight we took Gabers to town to look at a computer that Daddy was interested in. While Daddy was looking at computers, I took Gabe down the telephone isle. He was cracking up when I pretended the phone rang and I answered a bunch of different ones. Dad could hear him a few isles down. We told him if he was a good boy, we'd take him to the "pet store" aka Petco and let him look at the lizards, bugs, & fishies. He was just entranced by the fishies. It was too cute. We had a lot of fun tonight, me & my boys. I love them both so much.

Also, last night, Gabe showed a more sensitive side. He was having trouble going to sleep, so I thought I'd try rocking him. He's never really been a baby that needs to be rocked. He's always been ok with it, but it hasn't really been something he required. But, last night, I thought I'd try rocking him and singing to him. My little dare devil, on the go all the time boy sat on my lap for over a half hour with his head on my shoulder while I sang to him. I sang All This Time, Masterpiece, (both by Sandi Patty), Valentine (Martina McBride), and the traditionals like Rock a Bye Baby and Hush Little Baby. Let me tell you, this was truly one of those moments. The ones I dreamed of while we were waiting to be parents. As much as I didn't want the time to end, I had to put him to bed. He stayed awake the entire time, but began rubbing his eyes and I knew it was time. I love him so much. Sometimes I feel like I can't contain the joy that fills my heart in being his Mommy.

Thank you, readers, for sharing in this journey with me. I love being Gabe's Mom and I love that you all want to share part of this journey with me. Keep on reading... I'm going for 200!!

2 comments:

Ken((ny)(ney)(neth)) said...

ok, so Tami says that Nick always had bumps and bruises...aren't you a little worried he's gunna end up like Nick?! Sheesh!

Anyway, I too wasa little crazy kid and almost died a few times...my poor mom! We're like that...and always like that...I'm going to go jump of the roof now, just for kicks. Bye!

I'm serious about jumping off the roof, by the way...

Grant said...

Wow! Those are some sweet whiskey dents! Don't worry, Gabe, it happens to the best of us too.