Friday, June 27, 2008

A little explanation

I think maybe the reason Gabe's been so difficult the last week is just plain and simple, he doesn't feel good. The day before yesterday, he had a slight fever and today, his fever is up to 100.5. He is also sleeping A LOT. He slept in until 9:00 this morning - WOW! And, he's napping now. You can just tell by looking at the little bugger that he doesn't feel well. I'm not quite sure what it is though. I thought maybe ear infection, but he's sleeping well. I'm going to call the doctor's office here in a bit and see if they think I should do anything.

Poor little guy. I know how cranky I am when I don't feel well. I can only imagine how hard it is for toddlers when they can't communicate their feelings. We took Gabe up to the farm last night to see Gma & Papa (and all of the farm equipment). Gabe had a great time looking at all the tractors (looking at them = Papa letting him put the key in, starting them up, turn on the lights, etc...) He cried when Papa left his sight to go shut the machine shed doors for the evening ("Tractors go night night, Gabey") Then we watched a GREAT movie, The Bucket List. Love Jack Nicholson. Gabe went to bed in their crib pretty easily and woke up well. But as soon as we came home to go to bed, he was out like a light.

Tonight, Gabe's Dad is going to stay with him for a bit while I go with Missy, Katie, & Julia to paint pottery. I'm making Gabers a bowl for his crayons. I'll post pics!

0 comments: