Thursday, April 2, 2009

Long Overdue.

"See ya, Mom & Dad... I'm headed to Abba & PaPa's house."

Ok, I'm really sorry. After swearing to get better blogging, I have failed to do so. I'm having so much trouble finding free time for Flickr, Facebook, GabesMom, GregsWife... By the time I get to the computer at night, I usually only have time to work on my 365 picture for Flickr... I'm lucky if I always get that done!

Being a mom of a toddler has definitely been a lot of fun - all of the new things he's doing. Actually having a conversation with your kid - how awesome is that? For so long they can't talk and then it's like all of a sudden, they're speaking in sentences! I love being able to talk to him and hear the things he's thinking about. When he was a baby, I was constantly wondering what he was thinking. Now, he tells me! :) Another thing I like about this age is seeing him with other kids. It's especially cute when he's with older kids... He tries to act like them, to laugh like them - it's so cute seeing him try to be just like his older friends.

I have a few "just Gabe" things to share... The poor kid can't say "Smith". When he tries to say "Grandma Smith", it comes out as "Abba Piss". It's so funny!

Also, he is obsessed with directions now. If we don't turn the way he thinks we're supposed to turn, look out! Tantrum time! We hear, "No Mommy! Diff way!! (This Way) or No Mommy, Daff way!! (That way)". He knows the way to his grandparents' houses. If you try to take a different route, you're going to hear it all the way there!

Also, he can potty train all day at daycare, all day at "Abba Piss's" house, and the minute we get him home, he pees his pants. Then, he'll come get us and say, "Gabe did diss". One time, he peed on a book that was on the floor. Boys!

I promise to be a better blogger from now on... You believe me, right?

0 comments: