Thursday, July 2, 2009

He's a Firecracker!

Ah, my little pyro. Your Daddy has sure gotten you interested in fireworks! It is really cute to see you with a sparkler, and thankfully, you're still afraid of the big stuff, although tonight, I saw you carrying a Roman candle to Daddy.

I'm in for it.

You've been a little challenging lately as far as obeying... I say one thing and it seems like you want to do the opposite. You're my firecracker! But, you have been really affectionate lately - you've let me hold you, you've given more hugs and kisses. I guess that makes up for the, "No Gabe do it!" and the "No, bad Mommy!" statements I've been hearing lately. :) I love you, boy, but yes, it's been a challenging couple of weeks.

Speaking of "No, Gabe do it!", you STILL talk about yourself in the 3rd person. I think that is so funny! "Gabe go potty!", or "Gabe wants a hotdog for wunch", or "Gabe wike AAAAApple juice". And, speaking of potty, YOU are doing GREAT!! You go into the bathroom by yourself and go as long as you can get your pants, and you ask us when we're in public. You really have been a breeze to potty train. We're still working on #2 and during the night, but daytime, you're "trained"! Way to go big boy! Once you're completely potty-trained, we're getting you a fish tank.

I love you, my little firecracker! You're the light of my life.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

That is an AWESOME picture! Isa has been a CHALLENGE lately as well. She was so disobediant and naughty in the doctor's office on Monday that I bawled the whole way home wondering why she doesn't respect and honor me. Lord Jesus, give our little kiddos hearts to obey and to love you and to submit to authority. Amen.

Bri said...

Thanks Bekah. I'm sorry to hear that Isa was a challenge... I've definitely had those moments with Gabe myself!! I just try to remember that God made him strong-willed and hopefully we can help him channel it for good. :) I'll keep you in my prayers.

Stephanie said...

My kids talked about themselves in the third person too - I never thought they would stop! They had to be over 3 years old and I reminded over and over that I didn't need to hear their name. What a little Firecracker!! The photo is great!