Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gabey Baby...

Happy Birthday, TO YOU!!!!

That's right. It's my little guy's 1st birthday. Unbelievable. I can't even begin to say how fast the time has flown. I don't want to get too mushy - or the floodgates will open - but, I do have to say what a day...

I thought so much about Gabe's birth family today. I know they must be having an emotional day. I know it's probably very hard on them. Gabe's birth mom called today and it was wonderful to talk to her. We're connected forever - this day brings back so many memories for us both. It was weird, the weather was even identical today to the day he was born. It's amazing how that brought the memories back as well. We'll be getting together with Gabe's birth family next week. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and I can't wait for them to see Gabe. He's walking and playing and I'm sure he'll be a lot of fun for them. Hopefully he'll do some of his tricks!

So, we started the day out with a birthday breakfast. Gabe thought he would just put the candle out with his fingers. Greg and I were freaking, but his fingers must have been wet because he was fine!



"Gabe, how old are you gonna be?" That's what we used to say and he'd hold up one finger - yes, it was the appropriate one!

I took off work early today so I could spend the afternoon with Gabe. We went to a tractor supply type store to find some plastic barnyard animals for Gabe to play with. Gabe's Dad is making him a barn (a replica of my parents') to hold his toy tractors. So, we thought we'd get him the animals to go with it.

After that, we met the Grandmas & the Grandpas as well as Aunt Keeker and Uncle Dan for supper. They surprised Gabe with balloons, big guy/little guy matching shirts for Gabe and Gabe's Dad, and a Lightning McQueen car. They came over for cake and then:



Gabe's Mom gave him his ba-ba. He was pooped and ready for bed. I love you so much, Gabey.

Happy Birthday, my little one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe he is already one. It is amazing how time goes by so fast. Happy Birthday Gaber!! and I am sure your birthday twin Poke says HAPPY BIRTHDAY too.

The Mrs. said...

Happy belated birthday, little man!