Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jesus Loves Him - this I know.


I think I have mentioned in a previous post that Gabe is learning to "say" his prayers. At supper time, we say "Gabey, let's say our prayers" and he folds his hands with me and Daddy and we say the prayer I grew up with as a child:


Come Lord, Jesus, be our guest.

And let these gifts to us be blessed.

Amen.


I love that when we ask him to say his prayers, he knows to fold his hands. God must be smiling when he sees a child learning to pray. I know I am. I can only hope this is the very beginning of a lifetime relationship with God for Gabe. Although, it would be a better start if we could find a church that we like. We'd probably be able to find one if we didn't sleep in on Sundays. It's so hard to get back into the swing of things when you're used to sleeping in (Ok, I'll admit, Greg usually lets me have Sunday mornings to go back to bed - he's so great!)


So, if any of you out there are pray-ers - like little Gabster, please pray that we get our butts outta bed and find a nice church family. (Eloquent, I know) We're certainly missing that in our lives right now. Until we get back into the swing of things we'll keep praying with little Gabe and we'll keep singing "This Little Light of Mine" and "Zacheus" during bathtime... I'm really trying to teach him how to hold up a candle... he doesn't quite get it, but he likes the "don't let Satan *wooooh* it out..." part. I love this little boy. It's time we start teaching him about Jesus - the One who loves him, this I know.

2 comments:

elindenbaum said...

I'm a living testimony to the fact that prayers in the form of songs have a lasting effect on children. After my mom bathed me when I was little she'd wrap me up in a towel, swing me around, and sing the Guardian Angel song. It was like our little tradition. It not only helped me remember the words later in life but it made me think a lot about my own guardian angel.

Bri said...

Thanks Liz... I sure do love your comments. It's pretty amazing to see the traditions that form totally on accident. I hope that Gabe remembers things like that about me & Gabe's Dad. Thanks always for your comments.

Take Care, sweetie!