Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Recap


It's kinda been a yucky weekend at Gabe's house. Gabe's Mom had to take Gabe's Dad to the ER Friday night because he had fever of 105.4 degrees. We found out that he has influenza and there's not much the doctor could really do for him. We just have to wait it out. Gabe has a cold right now, but thankfully he hasn't had any fevers. I feel fine, but I've been taking Tamiflu just to ward off the bug. Gabe's Dad has been really sick. Poor thing has been a trouper. Yesterday, my sister came home to the family farm to visit for a while. She hadn't seen Gabe since his birthday, so she wanted to hang out with him for a bit. We had a really nice time. Thankfully (I guess you could say...) Mom and Jenny have been exposed to the flu several times this year because they're both nurses, so we didn't have to worry about passing anything to them. Unfortunately, we did have to miss Gabe's cousin, Braden's birthday party. We didn't want to risk any kids getting what Greg has. I'm sure the parents don't want that either! Today, we just kinda bummed around and watched TV. Greg's getting better, but doing just a bit seems to wear him out quickly. I took this picture of Gabe Saturday morning. I'm getting ready to send Nick & Jordan a care package of baby things. Well, Gabe might be a little attached... I told him that we need to share... Maybe he's just sending his soon-to-be buddy a big hug to go with the baby stuff!

2 comments:

Ken((ny)(ney)(neth)) said...

Let's talk for about 2.5 seconds on how much I LOVE that photo of little Gabers! So when we get home for Spring Break...I'll get there somewhere between Friday and Sunday...we need to get together (let's get together, yeah yeah yeah!) Cause I want to babysit that little baby again...I just love him...sound good? Tell Greg to get better or I am going to "punch him in the wiener" k?

Bri said...

Ken to the E,
You are HILARIOUS. YES, let's get together and YES you can babysit! We'd love to go out to a movie. It just warms my heart that you all love him so much!

Want me to punch Greg in the wiener for you? I live with him, I see him lots more...
Sometimes, I feel like punching him in the wiener! (just kidding!!)

Thanks for making me laugh, dogg! (as Randy Jackson would say)