Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's a Boy

Have I mentioned that I am now raising a BOY??? No longer a baby boy. Nope, no way. This little guy is all boy, all the time. He's constantly into dirt, tools, trucks, tractors, loaders, etc... He's not afraid of any of it. I do love this picture of him - a little boy, worn out from a tough day.

Gabe's Papa Doug likes to take him for 4-wheeler rides, truck rides, and bobcat rides. Gabe thinks he can steer and push buttons and pull levers. Papa loves it. I remember my little brother doing stuff like this too. It's awesome to have a little boy. It's also terrifying. Gabe has no fear and that's a very scary thing! He so loves to be outside. Daddy takes him out while they wait for me to get home from work and getting him in the house is like pulling teeth. One of his favorite things to do right now is play in the back of Daddy's truck (he has a topper). I never wanted a truck with a topper, but I'm actually thankful for it. Gabe LOVES the truck. He just runs around in there and begs Daddy to open the windows.

Here are some other new things:

  • Gabe's vocabulary: Dada, Mama, Papa, Tractor (dac-tur), Ball, Baba, Grandma (Abba), Uh 0h (he says Duh oh!) Dan (he says Da) that (Dat)
  • Sign vocabulary: More, Please, Thank you, Milk, Sorry
  • Skills: Throwing a ball (he's great at this!), Waving Bye Bye, Climbing stairs and going back down, running, Standing on toys, Making baskets, putting blocks together, eating with a fork
  • Comprehension: If you "cry" he gives you a hug or kiss, When he does something right, he claps his hands together one time (this is his sign for "good"), He understands when he goes night night that we say prayers and wave bye bye, He waves bye bye when he and Daddy are leaving for the sitter's house, He will sometimes pick up toys with you.
  • Challenges: Coming inside after playing outside with Daddy, Temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way (doesn't happen too often), some hitting issues still, throwing food when he's done eating, climbing to reach desired objects.

He's sure getting big, isn't he? I am just amazed each day at the new things this awesome kid does. I love him so much. I will be going to part time June 2 (!!!!), so I really look forward to having Thursdays and Fridays off to spend with him. I can't wait to take him up to the farm or to the park to play, or to go to the Pumpkin Patch this fall. It's going to be so great.

0 comments: