Sunday, April 19, 2009

What you can't see...

What you can't see in this picture is Gabe's birth mom holding him and laughing right along with him. What you can't see is the huge grin on Greg's face and my face as I'm taking these pictures of them together.

What you can see, however, is a very happy little boy. A very loved little boy. As I sat and watched my son with his birth family tonight, I couldn't help but feel a ton of love welling up for them. I laughed as we quoted the same movies. I laughed even harder as his birth mom and I said the same exact random thing.

I can't believe this is my life. I have an amazing son. I have a wonderful husband. I have an awesome family. And, I have the privilege of knowing my son's birth family. I have the joy of laughing with them. I have the comfort of knowing that she's alright. I don't think I could handle not knowing how she was. I am so blessed. I am so fortunate. And, I am so glad that Gabe is the reason we all got together.

0 comments: